7 Tips for More Effective E-blasts
Sending out promotional emails can be a tricky task. Appealing to the audience and capturing as many clicks as possible requires careful thought and testing. Try some of these simple tips to improve your open and click-through rates and effectively promote your products and services.
- Subject line appeal. Your subject line is the reader’s first impression if you use email. Keep it short and simple, but interesting. Ask a question or leave it open-ended to encourage the reader to open the email. Try to keep your subject line under 50 characters.
- Have a clear all to action. What is the main action you want the audience to take? Download a free resource? Preorder a book? Purchase a Bible study? Make sure your desired action is clear, and provide an easy way for the reader to respond.
- Include a special offer. Get the reader excited by offering something new, exclusive, free, or at a discount.
- Use a clean design. Don’t clutter the e-blast with too much text or small images. Keep the design clean, simple, and attention-grabbing. Using one full image or a series of images is an easy way to offer an appealing, clean design and make the email user-friendly.
- Make links easy to click. Use buttons and images to encourage readers to click. Keep them near the top of the email and don’t bury your links in text or at the very bottom of your email. Include the links multiple times so the readers don’t have to search for them.
- Target to a specific audience. Send to an audience who will already have an interest in the type of product you’re offering for easy clicks.
Taking some of these basic steps can quickly improve your e-blasts, and continuing to test and adjust over time will offer valuable date for your future mailings.